Important account information and FAQs
Northeast Bank is a full-service bank established in 1872. We are both an experienced, balance sheet lender offering speed, certainty of execution and creativity to structure loan originations and acquisitions nationally, and a full-service bank serving
customers in Western, Central, and Southern Maine.
Northeast Bank ROUTING NUMBER is: 211274557
Northeast Bank FDIC # 19690
Frequently Asked Questions
Below are some of the most common questions about banking with Northeast Bank. If you have additional questions, Contact Us.
At Northeast Bank, the security of your accounts is of the utmost importance. In the event your Checks or Debit Cards are lost or stolen, please contact Customer Care at 1.800.284.5989.
It is important to note that Northeast Bank will never ask you to provide your personal security information via email, telephone, fax or via the mail. PIN Numbers and passwords should only be known to you. No Northeast Bank employee would ever ask you for this information.
Passwords and out-of-wallet questions are required to be changed every 6 months. Customers will be notified at login prior to password expiration.
After 3 failed attempts to change a password, the Online Banking account will be locked. If this happens, please contact the Customer Contact center at 800.284.5989, option 1.
Mobile Check Deposit is a service available within the Northeast Bank iPhone and Android mobile banking apps. It allows you to deposit checks directly into your Northeast Bank accounts by taking a picture of a check using your smartphone or mobile device.
- Endorse the original Check with a restrictive endorsement before scanning it by applying your signature and the legend, “For Mobile Deposit Only”
- Be sure to include all four corners of the check (front and back) when submitting the check image
- Ensure the dollar amount you enter when making the deposit matches the amount on the check
- Northeast Bank personal customers who maintain an eligible checking or savings account
- Northeast Bank business customers who maintain an eligible checking or savings account
- Must be enrolled
Using Mobile Check Deposit via our mobile banking app offers the same security features and protection as our other online banking services - including secure login, as well as a timeout feature when your mobile device is not in use. Please follow these best practices to secure your mobile device:
- Keep passwords, usernames, security information and PINs confidential and do not share them with others
- Password protect your mobile device
- Always remember to log off properly when you have completed your mobile banking session and do not leave your mobile phone unattended
- In the event that your mobile device is lost or stolen, your mobile banking service can be disabled by alerting our Customer Contact Center at 800.284.5989, option 1
Deposits made with your mobile device will be confirmed in two ways:
- A deposit receipt is provided immediately following a successful deposit
- A deposit notification email follows to confirm your deposit has been approved by the bank
You may also check the status of the deposit using the “Review Deposits” feature found within the "Deposits" icon.
Our Security Center is designed to provide our customers with all the latest and most important consumer updates and the measures we take to keep your personal and financial information safe. All the information you need to protect your identity and your money can be found here.
And of course, if you can’t find what you’re looking for here, you can always reach one of our associates for help with your questions or concerns. Our customer’s security is our number one priority.